Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Import multiple excel sheets as separate columns

choksijugal
5 - Atom

I am a bit stuck with a pretty basic problem.

I have multiple sheets in an Excel file and want to import all, but want to add the data from each sheet as a new column. Each sheet has the same first column.

Example:

Sheet: October

KeyValue
1A
2B
3C
4D

Sheet: November

KeyValue
1E
2F
3G
4H

Goal:

KeyOctoberNovember
1AE
2BF
3CG
4DH

I am looking for some scalable method because my workbook has 50-60 sheets.

3 REPLIES 3
joshuaburkhow
ACE Emeritus
ACE Emeritus

Hi @choksijugal 

This is how I would do it

joshuaburkhow_0-1611051351771.png

Joshua Burkhow - Alteryx Ace | Global Alteryx Architect @PwC | Blogger @ AlterTricks
choksijugal
5 - Atom

Thanks a lot @joshuaburkhow! I realized there is a slight complication because of which it did not run on my data - the second column contains the headers. Is there a fix you can suggest I can apply for that?

To provide a better idea, the key column is the second column and the value column is the third in my data. I could delete the first column from every sheet and your solution would work but that is painfully difficult

joshuaburkhow
ACE Emeritus
ACE Emeritus

Sorry @choksijugal I am not following. Are you able to post an example? 

Joshua Burkhow - Alteryx Ace | Global Alteryx Architect @PwC | Blogger @ AlterTricks
Labels