Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Import data from multiple named ranges from multiple files (1 sheet)

pateldev22
7 - Meteor

Hi All,

Subject basically says it all.

I am trying to stack data from multiple named ranges and multiple files. I've gotten pretty far, but unable to complete it. I have a list of named ranges that is feeding my full path formula, however, the dynamic tool is only reading in 1 named range which is causing a schema error.

Any help would be appreciated. i attached what i have so far

Thanks,

2 REPLIES 2
echuong1
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

Are you able to upload a couple of the files? A workflow doesn't actually contain input files, so I can't see the format of your data.

If there are different schemas present, a batch macro is probably going to be the way to go. Examples here: https://community.alteryx.com/t5/Alteryx-Designer-Knowledge-Base/CS-Macro-Dev-Reading-in-Multiple-Fi... 

SeanAdams
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

hey @pateldev22 

If the format of your named ranges is different (i.e. different number of fields) then the Dynamic Input method will not work, you'll have to do this in a macro like @echuong1 says.

The reason is that the Dynamic Input assumes that the schema (shape) of the data is identical for each new file / named range.

Labels