Get Inspire insights from former attendees in our AMA discussion thread on Inspire Buzz. ACEs and other community members are on call all week to answer!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Import and Combine xlsb file from multiple subfolder

SH_94
11 - Bolide

Hi Community,

May i know if anyone have the macro that can read the xlsb file from multiple subfolder and import them into the Alteryx whereby i plan to combine them together in Alteryx as they have the same schema.

Appreciate if you can provide the screenshot on how to modify the macro so that the macro will identify and read the subfolder correctly. It would be great if anyone have the macro which cover importing and combining the data in xlsb file.

15 REPLIES 15
pedrodrfaria
13 - Pulsar

Hi @SH_94 

See attached for a WF that opens XLSB with subfolders in it

pedrodrfaria_0-1615379788973.png

SH_94
11 - Bolide

Hi @pedrodrfaria ,

May i know how can i fix the error below? Can you save the version to 2019.13 and share with me again the workflow ?

Jacob_94_0-1615390298734.png

SH_94
11 - Bolide

Hi @pedrodrfaria ,

I am trying to use the macro and encounter the error as below. May i know how do i fix the following error?Should i choose Directory of full path?

Jacob_94_0-1615494802047.png

Thank you.

pedrodrfaria
13 - Pulsar

Hi @SH_94 

You need to select the Full Path column in the macro configuration, not the Directory column.

SH_94
11 - Bolide

Hi @pedrodrfaria ,

The problem still persist after i change it to Fullpath. As it mentioned that it is not valid name. 

Jacob_94_0-1615552816443.png

pedrodrfaria
13 - Pulsar

@SH_94 

Please send the Full Path over here

Ex: "Z:\Private\pedro.faria\Content\Open Different Files\Open Files - XLSB\Folder 1\FIle 1.xlsb"

and confirm for be that this the correct macro to be used for XLSB files. I attached it again.

pedrodrfaria
13 - Pulsar

@SH_94 

Sometimes what can happen is that the Full Path is too long. Try moving those files to the desktop and pull them from the desktop (this way the full path will be shorter and we would be able to see if this is the issue).

SH_94
11 - Bolide

Hi @pedrodrfaria ,

I have downloaded the macro file and it show the error as below.

Jacob_94_0-1615554255942.png

pedrodrfaria
13 - Pulsar

@SH_94 

Please share the fullpath you are trying to read when you received the error that were having with the macro.

Did you try what I mentioned? Moving the files to your desktop and reading them from the desktop instead of a specific folder because the error could be related to the full path being too long.

Pedro.

Labels