Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Import PDF, transform in an image and attach into an Excel

GalegO
7 - Meteor

Hi All, how are you doing?

Pretty much the title says, I need to:

1. Import a PDF from a folder;

(Optional) 2. Get a specific page by searching a string, or by page number (until now all the page PDFs received was the page 3);

3. Transform this file/page into a image;

4. Attach this image into a Excel report.

Could someone help me with these steps?

How can I import a PDF without transforming it to a text and use it as image? Right now, we can let the step 2 as optional, if we import the whole PDF as image into the Excel it will work. Getting only the page needed will only let the final file will be smaller, but it won't change the final result.

The only step I could get it done is the 4, I manually transformed the page into image and did some tests with the report tools to transform the end of flow into a report and after added the image into it. Worked great.

Thank you all.

Edit: Typo

2 REPLIES 2
danilang
19 - Altair
19 - Altair

Hi @GalegO 

Since alteryx is geared towards data as opposed to image manipulation, you might be able to do steps 1-3 in a Python tool using a pdf image library like pdf2image.

Dan  

GalegO
7 - Meteor

@danilang thank you for the answer, I found a custom tool here on the community that convert PDF to Image using Python, but it comes with Python 3.6 and I don't know how to update it to 3.8, since my Alteryx version is newer.

Could you help me on that?

Solved: Input PDFs (they are images) - Alteryx Community  

Thank you again.

Labels