Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Import Data to Teradata from OneDrive if DATE do not exists

cito
8 - Asteroid

Hello,

Is there a way to check a condition for date before importing data from OneDrive excel file to Terada's table in order to avoid duplicate records?

So, someone else maintains an excel file on OneDrive and I just pick up this data every week and import them into the Teradata's table. 

Now, I would like to automate the process and schedule the flow to pick up this data but before INSERT the data to check if "date_month" already exists in Teradata's table. If "date" exists DO NOT import/insert data ELSE insert.

I have tried with PRE Create SQL statement in Database window (picture below) but do not know how to call OneDrive file in this statement:

IF NOT EXISTS (SELECT DISTINCT date_month 
FROM tedw.table1
WHERE date_month = (SELECT DISTINCT date_month FROM "OneDrive PATH folder" WHERE date_month IS NOT NULL)) 

cito_0-1629549184064.png

As I do not know how to "call" OneDrive file/path here, is there some better solution?

Thank you in advance.

1 REPLY 1
ArtApa
Alteryx
Alteryx

Hi @cito - I would read the data from both Excel and Teradata first and compare dates in Alteryx. The best option for this purpose may be a Join tool. Then you can write all unmatched records from R or L output anchor to Teradata.

Labels