Get Inspire insights from former attendees in our AMA discussion thread on Inspire Buzz. ACEs and other community members are on call all week to answer!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Image to Text Tool - Truncated Values and Unwanted Characters

Manav_Sehra
8 - Asteroid

Hello all, 

I have a set of workflows that read-in data from fixed templated PDF files on a weekly basis and subsequently convert them to strings (these values are comprised of text and numeric values). We have identified an issue in which the number 77 is either truncated, or has additional undesired characters (please see the images below). In addition, a similar issue arises when the tool attempts to read-in either the number 71 or 11 – in either case, the numbers are truncated and we are left with 7 and 1”, respectively. I have browsed the Alteryx discussion forums, but was unable to identify any cases similar to mine. I attempted adjusting the annotation ranges in the Image Template tool but that did not help. Is there a way to ensure that the values are read-in correctly each time? Images of both the PDF sample and the Alteryx output are attached to this post. 

Any help is appreciated. 

Thank you, 

Manav

6 REPLIES 6
TrevorS
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

Hello @Manav_Sehra 

Thanks for posting to the Community!
Can you please provide a copy of your workflow as well as some sample data so that the Community can better troubleshoot the issue you are facing?

You can also Submit a Case for assistance.

Thanks,
TrevorS

Community Moderator
Manav_Sehra
8 - Asteroid

UPDATE:

Please find attached copies of the workflow and test PDF file. 

I attempted to re-create the issue in the attached workflow, but am now getting two truncated '7's as opposed to '77' as it should be .

Thank you, 

Manav

Manav_Sehra
8 - Asteroid

Hi @TrevorS - I wrote a reply to my initial post with some back-up files. 

Thanks, 

Manav

sparksun
11 - Bolide

I did the testing but seems everything goes well.

sparksun_0-1631082246861.png

Manav_Sehra
8 - Asteroid

Thanks for the reply, @sparksun. Can you please share an image of your annotation range? I forgot to specify this in my update, but I require three string annotation ranges for this workflow (please see the attached image). If possible, can you please let me know if you have any issues with setting up three ranges? 

Thank you. 

sparksun
11 - Bolide

When I create 3 annotations,the issue you mentioned arises.Seems it's an OCR bug.

sparksun_0-1631153754377.png

Labels