Get Inspire insights from former attendees in our AMA discussion thread on Inspire Buzz. ACEs and other community members are on call all week to answer!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Image template callback error

Matteop9
8 - Asteroid

Hello, I am trying to use the Image template tool for the first time but the following happens:

• I select a PDF and it appears in the config window
  • It shows for about 10 seconds but as I try to make an annotation the config window goes blank

This error message then appears

image template error.png

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

5 REPLIES 5
TrevorS
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

Hello @Matteop9 

Can you please include the full error message you are encountering?

It appears in the screenshot that some of the error has been cut off.
If you can also copy and paste the text, this will help for easier review.
Thanks!

TrevorS

Community Moderator
Matteop9
8 - Asteroid

Hi @TrevorS 

Thanks for the help, here is the full message:

Error: Image Template (22): Traceback (most recent call last):
File "C:\Program Files\Alteryx\bin\Miniconda3\envs\TextMiningTools_venv\Lib\site-packages\snakeplane\plugin_factory.py", line 906, in wrapped
return func(*args, **kwargs)
File "C:\Program Files\Alteryx\bin\Miniconda3\envs\TextMiningTools_venv\Lib\site-packages\snakeplane\plugin_factory.py", line 157, in wrap_pi_init
raise e
File "C:\Program Files\Alteryx\bin\Miniconda3\envs\TextMiningTools_venv\Lib\site-packages\snakeplane\plugin_factory.py", line 149, in wrap_pi_init
self._init_func(current_plugin)
File "C:\Program Files\Alteryx\bin\Miniconda3\envs\TextMiningTools_venv\Lib\site-packages\snakeplane\plugin_factory.py", line 526, in wrap_init
current_plugin.initialized = _apply_parameter_requests(func)(current_plugin)
File "C:\Program Files\Alteryx\bin\Miniconda3\envs\TextMiningTools_venv\Lib\site-packages\snakeplane\plugin_factory.py", line 872, in wrapped
return func(**passed_params)
File "image_template_engine.py", line 31, in init
TypeError: 'NoneType' object is not subscriptable

TrevorS
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

Thanks for adding that @Matteop9,

Looking at the full error message, there appears to be one line that sticks out:
"TypeError: 'NoneType' object is not subscriptable"

This appears to be a python based error but summarized:
"This error means that you attempted to index an object that doesn't have that functionality. You might have noticed that the method sort() that only modify the list have no return value printed – they return the default None. 'NoneType' object is not subscriptable is the one thrown by python when you use the square bracket notation object[key] where an object doesn't define the __getitem__ method . This is a design principle for all mutable data structures in Python."

Can you include your workflow so that the community can investigate this further?

When issues involve python, the more information you can provide, the better.

Community Moderator
Matteop9
8 - Asteroid

Hi @TrevorS 

Unfortunately I don't have much experience with python.

I would attach the workflow but the error occurs even when I add the tool to a blank canvas so I am unsure whether anymore information would help.

TrevorS
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

@Matteop9 

I do believe that some formatting is needed in order to use the tool. Unfortunately, my experience with Python is very limited.
Have you checked out the Python Tool Mastery page?

If you are still having issues with the tool, and are not using any custom python, I would recommend submitting a ticket to Alteryx Support.

Thanks!
TrevorS

Community Moderator
Labels