Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Image Template Tool - Environ Path Error

carlmcgowan
5 - Atom

Hi all,

Hoping someone can help with the below error i am getting when trying to use the new Text Mining Tools, specifically the Image Template.

Has anyone come across the below error and know of a fix? I haven't done anything to the tool other than drag onto the canvas.

Thanks in advance.

CarlImage Template error.png

6 REPLIES 6
JadR
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

Hi Carl! Does the tool configuration panel load when you add the tool to the canvas? Could you please post the full error message as well as the version of Alteryx that you're currently on?

MatthewP
Alteryx
Alteryx

Given the error:

Error: Image Template (1):   File "<string>", line 1
    os.environ['PATH'] = r"C:\Users\camcgowan\AppData\Local\Alteryx\bin\Miniconda3\Library\bin;C:\ProgramData\Oracle\Java\javapath;C:\WINDOWS\system32;C:\WINDOWS;C:\WINDOWS\System32\Wbem;C:\WINDOWS\System32\WindowsPowerShell\v1.0\;C:\Windows\CCM;C:\Program Files (x86)\SafeCom\SafeComPrintClient;C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft SQL Server\140\Tools\Binn\;C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft SQL Server\Client SDK\ODBC\130\Tools\Binn\;C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft SQL Server\140\DTS\Binn\;C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft SQL Server\140\Tools\Binn\ManagementStudio\;C:\Program Files\dotnet\;C:\Program Files\Microsoft SQL Server\130\Tools\Binn\;C:\Program Files\Microsoft SQL Server\Client SDK\ODBC\130\Tools\Binn\;C:\Program Files\Microsoft SQL Server\140\Tools\Binn\;C:\Program Files\Microsoft SQL Server\140\DTS\Binn\;C:\Program Files\Microsoft SQL Server\110\Tools\Binn\;C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft SQL Server\150\DTS\Binn\;C:\Program Files\Pyramid 2018\R\bin\x64;C:\Program Files\Pyramid 2018\R\library\rJava\jri\x64;C:\WINDOWS\System32\OpenSSH\;";C:\Users\camcgowan\AppData\Local\Programs\Python\Python38-32\;C:\Users\camcgowan\AppData\Local\Programs\Python\Python38-32\Scripts\";C:\Program Files\nodejs\;C:\Program Files\Microsoft SQL Server\Client SDK\ODBC\170\Tools\Binn\;C:\Users\camcgowan\AppData\Local\Programs\Python\Python38-32\Scripts\;C:\Users\camcgowan\AppData\Local\Programs\Python\Python38-32\;C:\Users\camcgowan\AppData\Local\Programs\Python\Launcher\;C:\Users\camcgowan\AppData\Local\Microsoft\WindowsApps;C:\Users\camcgowan\.dotnet\tools;C:\Users\camcgowan\AppData\Local\Microsoft\WindowsApps;C:\Users\camcgowan\AppData\Local\Programs\Microsoft VS Code\bin;C:\Users\camcgowan\AppData\Local\Programs\Git\cmd;C:\Users\camcgowan\AppData\Roaming\npm;C:\Users\camcgowan\AppData\Local\Alteryx\bin;C:\Users\camcgowan\AppData\Local\Alteryx\bin\plugins\;C:\Users\camcgowan\AppData\Local\Alteryx\bin\Miniconda3\envs\TextMiningTools_venv\Lib\site-packages\pypiwin32_system32"
                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                       ^
SyntaxError: unexpected character after line continuation character

There is an issue around the python variables. If you are able to remove the quote after the section C:\Users\camcgowan\AppData\Local\Programs\Python\Python38-32\Scripts\" then this should resolve the issue with the tool.

You can do this by editing the Environment Variables (you will need to have admin permission). You start with searching for "Edit the system environment variables" in the windows search section and then selecting Environment Variables.

Capture1.PNGCapture2.PNG

Then locate the Python_Home variable and make sure that if there are more than one that they are different line items. This can cause an extra quote sometimes

carlmcgowan
5 - Atom

Thanks Matthew. That was the exact problem

Shalz
8 - Asteroid

HI,

I am having trouble getting these tools to my tool palette... I installed  the starter kit but i dont see the tool category on my tool palette. Can you help please

TheOC
15 - Aurora
15 - Aurora

hi @Shalz 

make sure you hit this button at the right of the tool palette:

TheOC_0-1603291755742.png

And then make sure everything is ticked as on!

If that doesn't help give me a shout 

Bulien
MatthewP
Alteryx
Alteryx

Hello @Shalz, if you email support they will be able to walk through a few things that could be causing this issue!

Labels