Get Inspire insights from former attendees in our AMA discussion thread on Inspire Buzz. ACEs and other community members are on call all week to answer!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

If value is true, identify if value is also true in the following columns

SamyHH
6 - Meteoroid

Hi Community,

I have a question: I would like to test if ID A has a "1" in one of the data columns (Typ A 2016 etc), is the the value in the following colums (years) also 1 or 0. Any ideas on how I could perform that analysis?

Thanks a lot in advance!

8 REPLIES 8
BrandonB
Alteryx
Alteryx

What about transposing the data and then using a multi-row formula to compare one to the next? See below as an example. Workflow also attached.

compare.png

SamyHH
6 - Meteoroid

Thank you BrandonB. that already helps but I only want to check if the value is the same as in the previous column if there is 1 in the previous column. (Don't want two zeros to give me back a true value) I believe I have to use a filter before?

atcodedog05
22 - Nova
22 - Nova

Hi @SamyHH 

Here is a modification workflow of @BrandonB to meet the requirement for not considering 0's

atcodedog05_0-1604246032494.png

Is this what you are looking for. If not give me more details so that i can help you out.

Hope this helps 🙂

If this post helps you please mark it as solution. And give a like if you dont mind 😀👍

SamyHH
6 - Meteoroid

Thank you that makes sense. I will give you a little more details of what I want to do:

1. Assign the different IDs to according to their type (the IDs have either Type A positive (value 1) or Type B).  I guess I have to define a range for both Type A and B to say: Type A 2016, Type A 2017, Type A 2018, Type A 2019, Type A 2020 are all "Type A" and do the same for "Type B" -> then assign all IDs to either group Type A or Type B

2. Then I want to apply the previous mentioned multi-row formula to identify if a specific ID has a positive value (1) in the following columns or if this positive values only happens once. I would like to check if they have a positive value (1) in the following two years after appearance of the positive value (1)

Does this make sense to you?

atcodedog05
22 - Nova
22 - Nova

@SamyHH 

Really sorry its still unclear😅 Can you please provide sample data and expected output

We will try to calibrate the workflow accordingly🙂

SamyHH
6 - Meteoroid

I added a screenshot of the sample data and of my desired output (with an example of the counting for Typ Z)

atcodedog05
22 - Nova
22 - Nova

Hi @SamyHH 

Can you share the question pic as a excel file. I will be able to help you out.

SamyHH
6 - Meteoroid

v

Labels