Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

If then condidition

Feras95p
8 - Asteroid

Dear all,

I have 2 columns in excel file. One contains the phone number and other contains the country name. What I'm looking for is to check the code of the phone number if it's started with 966 then write in country column Saudi Arabia and so on ... So I'm looking for a workflow that check the first 3 digits in the phone number and based on that write the country name in the country's column.

Any help in that?    

4 REPLIES 4
grazitti_sapna
17 - Castor

@Feras95p , You can use the formula tool and add if else statement as per your requirement, as shown below in the example. Please feel free to reach out in case you face any issue or need more help.

grazitti_sapna_0-1674457129718.png

Sapna Gupta
ShankerV
17 - Castor

Hi @Feras95p 

Please find the expected output.

ShankerV_0-1674457725859.png

ShankerV_1-1674457751323.png

Note: The workflow used to achieve the solution is attached which can be downloaded to see how the solution works.

If you believe your problem has been resolved. Please mark helpful answers as a solution so that future users with the same problem can find them more easily!!!!

Many thanks

Shanker V

ShankerV
17 - Castor

Hi @Feras95p 

As there was no sample input, assuming the raw data might contain the phone numbers in different format like below.

ShankerV_0-1674458332381.png

Output after run:

ShankerV_2-1674458380926.png

ShankerV_3-1674458390981.png

Note: The workflow used to achieve the solution is attached which can be downloaded to see how the solution works.

If you believe your problem has been resolved. Please mark helpful answers as a solution so that future users with the same problem can find them more easily!!!!

Many thanks

Shanker V

Qiu
20 - Arcturus
20 - Arcturus

@Feras95p 
Hope I am not too late for the party.

In case you have more than one country name to look up, better to have a Reference Dictionary as your master file.

0123-Feras95p.JPG

Labels