Get Inspire insights from former attendees in our AMA discussion thread on Inspire Buzz. ACEs and other community members are on call all week to answer!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

If statment returning Null

Jon12
6 - Meteoroid

Hi, I have the following formula that is returning some Null Values.  I exported into excel the Output data and looked at the items with STTL_STATUS of "5".  About 95% of them returned a value but about 5% returned Null.  I can't figure out why since the STTL_STATUS field has been cleared of whitespace, all values looked at = "5" exactly, and the [STTL_DATE] field has a value for every entry including the ones that are returning Null that is data formatted and also cleared of whitespace. 

Can you think of any reason why a small subset of the output data would be returning a Null value?  Thank you

if [STTL_STATUS] = "5" then [STTL_DATE] elseif [STTL_STATUS] = "4" then [STTL_APP_DATE] elseif [STTL_STATUS] = "2" and [STTL_ORDER_SUFFIX] = "POA" then [STTL_DATE] elseif [STTL_STATUS] = "2" and [STTL_ALREADY_APPLIED] = "1" then [STTL_DATE] else "Unapplied" endif

2 REPLIES 2
fmvizcaino
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Hi @Jon12 ,

Since you have an 'else' condition, everything with no match will end there, so the only thing I can think of is that [STTL_DATE] or [STTL_APP_DATE] have null values.

Best,

Fernando Vizcaino

apathetichell
18 - Pollux

Are all of the fields strings? If one of them is a date this could be leading to your error.

If you post some sample data and a screen grab of a select tool prior to the formula for type verification I'm sure someone can quickly solve it.

Labels