Get Inspire insights from former attendees in our AMA discussion thread on Inspire Buzz. ACEs and other community members are on call all week to answer!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

If statement with Vlookup

Alayna
8 - Asteroid

Hi, I'm a beginner using Alteryx and need help figuring out how to replicate a formula in my Excel sheet through Alteryx. Basically, I'm using a vlookup to find a SKU value in a different file, and use an if statement to put "Yes" as a match or "No" if there's no match or NaN. I've attached sample data below. I know I need to use either the Join or Union (or both?) tool and possibly the formula tool for the If statement? Any help is appreciated, thank you

5 REPLIES 5
ChrisTX
15 - Aurora

Welcome to the Community.  On the left under Academy > Interactive Lessons, there are some nice Excel lessons in the section Alteryx for Excel Users.

Use the Join like you mentioned.

Out of the J anchor, use a Formula tool to create a new field for Matched, data type Boolean.

Formula:

IF [SKU in 2nd file] = "NaN" THEN 0    (zero means No or False)

ELSE 1    (1 means Yes or True)

ENDIF

out of the Left anchor, use a Formula tool to create a new field for Matched, data type Boolean.  Formula:  0

then feed the output from both Formula tools into a Union tool.

Chris

Alayna
8 - Asteroid

Thank you for the help and guidance!

Qiu
20 - Arcturus
20 - Arcturus

@Alayna 
Just as you have mentioned, a joint tool can do the work.

And we can also try to use Find and Replace.

But I am having difficulty to understand your input and output based on the logic you gave.

1106-Alayna.PNG

Alayna
8 - Asteroid

Thanks for your reply Qiu. I didn't explain that well but Chris's answer helped me out. I will also look into find and replace

Matt_Hinkle
7 - Meteor

@Alayna 

Looks like you already got the input you need, but attached a workflow for you if that helps.

Matt

Labels