Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

If condition with Result

mmustkee
9 - Comet

Hi team, 

Could you please help me applying '=IF(IF(HP-HR<0,0,HR-HP)=0,"Done","Not Done") to the attached sheet?

Thanks in advance.

Mohammad Mustkeem

10 REPLIES 10
ImadZidan
12 - Quasar

Hello @mmustkee ,

Please try the below

IF HP-HR<0 OR HR-HP = 0

then 'Done'

Else 'Not Done'

EndIf

Hope it helps

Qiu
20 - Arcturus
20 - Arcturus

@mmustkee 
As much as I would like the accept mark, but maybe you could try the Interactive Lession offered here.

You can easily resolve this issue with a couple hours lesson. 😂

Capture7.PNG

mmustkee
9 - Comet

Thanks a lot for your quick and accurate solution.

ImadZidan
12 - Quasar

Hello @Qiu ,

I find your comment unkind and condescending. people usually need a little push to go about their daily work and shine.

This is not about the mark, but about giving a helping hand.

People learn in different ways, some people have the luxury of time and others don't and learn on the go.

this is a learning community platform and no need for such comments.

many thanks

Imad

Qiu
20 - Arcturus
20 - Arcturus

@ImadZidan 

Thank you for the comment.

I agree with you that this is a learning platform and people help each other.

My self also is learning here everyday by asking and by answerning.

However, I believe it is more important to show people how to fish rather than keeping giving the fish.

That is why I informed the interactive learning.

I would apologize if I offend @mmustkee  in a condecending way, but that is not my intention.

ImadZidan
12 - Quasar

That is great to hear. So we are on the same path.

your intention did not come across in your statement specially when mentioning the time factor and the sarcasm in that.  

I apologise to have to point this out as it may prevent people from asking question and we don't want that.

Thank you for understanding.

Have a great day @Qiu 

Qiu
20 - Arcturus
20 - Arcturus

@ImadZidan 
Thank you so much for the understanding and I definitely need to improve my wording.

And it seems that my intentionally added Emoji in the reply did not really work.😅

mmustkee
9 - Comet

Hi Both,

I completely agree with what Imad said about the schedule being so tight sometimes and we are in rush just to get the solution. I m in a learning phase and have already learnt so well with the solution given by your team and by myself too by referring videos. No training at all. Your help is Really appreciated.

I am not even denying the fact what Qui mentioned about interactive session offered and I totally agree and it is always good to solve those queries which could be done with a little effort. I am just two months old in this Alteryx community so no idea how to connect with interactive sessions. Qui, Could you please guide me how to connect with these sessions or are you saying that I should refer videos which are already there. I would really appreciate and welcome your guidance on this and also some tips and tricks to learn such queries by myself.

Don't worry I am ok. 

Thanks,

Mohammad Mustkeem

Qiu
20 - Arcturus
20 - Arcturus

@mmustkee 
I think I am being a bit harsh and sorry about that.

You did good for just two months.

And anytime, you can reach me for some assistance if I could help.

For the interactive lession, you may find here.

Interactive.png

Labels