Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

If and contains formula error

lilyyangadsk
9 - Comet

hello sir, may i ask you how to write multi condition "If" / "and"/ "or" formula for attached data. 

10 REPLIES 10
binuacs
20 - Arcturus

@lilyyangadsk Not sure I understand your requirement properly, I think you need to your Test value equal to the (LC Alteryx Mark) value

binuacs_0-1655787762145.png

lilyyangadsk
9 - Comet

Is your formula same as mine? i can't see diff.

grazitti_sapna
17 - Castor

Hello @lilyyangadsk, your formula seems to be correct but the issue is with the Match score column whose data type was set to V-string after changing the data type to Double it is working fine.

grazitti_sapna_0-1655789543550.png

grazitti_sapna_1-1655789552637.png

grazitti_sapna_0-1655803363067.png

Attaching the workflow along.

Thanks!

Sapna Gupta
lilyyangadsk
9 - Comet

if i change to double data type, and i use my formula and second record ID still shows error. but i cant see the diff between yours and my formula :(

grazitti_sapna
17 - Castor

Hi @lilyyangadsk, in my version of the formula tool I did not change anything I just added a select tool and changed the data type.

In your new workflow shared there is a difference in elseif condition

grazitti_sapna_0-1655791093007.png

grazitti_sapna_2-1655791164196.png

Try changing to UUID Check='F' into UUID Check into ('T','F'). It will work for you as well.

Thanks! 

Sapna Gupta
binuacs
20 - Arcturus

@lilyyangadsk Yes, I added the below condition in the formula to match the result

binuacs_0-1655791437462.png

lilyyangadsk
9 - Comet

may i know [UUID Check]  IN('T', 'F') meaning "F"?

grazitti_sapna
17 - Castor

@lilyyangadsk, As per my understanding F might be referenced to False and T referenced to True. It is mentioned in your dataset as T or F.

Thanks!

Sapna Gupta
lilyyangadsk
9 - Comet

Thank you! 

Labels