Get Inspire insights from former attendees in our AMA discussion thread on Inspire Buzz. ACEs and other community members are on call all week to answer!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

If Then calculation and return value.

verde0903
8 - Asteroid

Hello,

I am new to Alteryx and I am trying to do a calculation using If Then and returning a value from another column.  I have stated with the From to Calculation but missing the portion to bring back the result once it does the calculation.  In the sample attached, I am trying to look up the fruit price in a price in a range and return the percent from the result.

5 REPLIES 5
ImadZidan
12 - Quasar

Hello,

I don't think the formula will accommodate what you require. See workflow and it will give you an idea.

I hope this helps.

RolandSchubert
16 - Nebula
16 - Nebula

Hi @verde0903 ,

if I get you right, you want the percentage, if pricing on sheet 'Fruit' within the range on sheet 'Percentage'.

You can get this by joining the sheets and using a condition, but you'll need a filter to select the "match rows" only.

I've attached a sample workflow.

Let me know if it works for you.

Best,

Roland

ImadZidan
12 - Quasar

oops I attached the wrong workflow.

Here you go. 

verde0903
8 - Asteroid

Thank you Roland.  The formula worked.  It returned the result I needed.  Thank you so much for your assistance.

verde0903
8 - Asteroid

Thank you lmadZidan for your query.  This is a formula I can utilize in other workflows I am creating.  For this query it needed the if/then which Roland assisted with.  Thanks for your assistasnce.

Labels