Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

If Statement based on column

ZoeM
8 - Asteroid

Hello Community!

I have a constraint. I have several columns where I need to reference a portion of the text in one to determine the value to put in another or possibly a new field. 

Simply put, in the attached Excel, if Camry has "Awaiting" in the field I would like to be able to add the name from Camry Approver. 

Is this possible?

Thanks in advance

6 REPLIES 6
NicholasM
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

Hey @ZoeM ,

I think you are very close. The tool I would recommend for a join on two or more fields is the "Join" Tool. In your case, I think some more clean up on the Approver data stream is necessary. I have attached a workflow of how I would attack the join. 

Let me know if you have any questions. 

Capture.PNG

BrandonB
Alteryx
Alteryx

Here you go! Workflow attached. 

transpose join.png

BrandonB
Alteryx
Alteryx

LOL @NicholasM beat me to it with pretty much the same workflow

kelsey_kincaid
12 - Quasar

Hi @ZoeM , there are several ways to accomplish this. I've attached an example below. I'd recommend performing a cross tab on every field, grouped by product rather than excluding the approvers. After that you can join your dataset with itself and run a formula to accomplish what you are looking for.

Alteryx Grouping Example.PNG

MinaGO3
8 - Asteroid

Everyone has already posted a solution but I figure one more can't hurt since I already built it. This one has a cross tab or summarised view.crosstab.PNG

ZoeM
8 - Asteroid

Thank you for all the correct answers, I have multiple ways to solve my issue. 

Labels