Get Inspire insights from former attendees in our AMA discussion thread on Inspire Buzz. ACEs and other community members are on call all week to answer!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

If Statement Question for a Newbie

dobusch
5 - Atom

First off thanks for your collective help, I've been using Alteryx for a few months and wouldn't have any idea what to do without the help of this community! 

Question: 

If I have the following table, what would be your suggestion for an IF statement that will give me the results in the 3rd column-

Business NumberBusiness TypeBusinesses w/ only a single type
1House-
1Apartment-
2House2
3Apartment3
4Apartment4
4Apartment4

I only want businesses that are associated with a single business type. (they can multiple of the same type i.e. business number 4) 

Hope this is clear..

2 REPLIES 2
AbhilashR
15 - Aurora
15 - Aurora

@dobusch - does something like the attached solution work?

Jonathan-Sherman
15 - Aurora
15 - Aurora

Hi @dobusch,

I would probabbly take the approach of summarising to find the number of unique business type per business number (count distinct). Join this back on to your original table and use a formula (IF function) to create the new column with the values desired. Finally a select tool to remove the count distinct column we joined. You could use a filter tool after the select to filter out records with a hyphen and keep only those where the business number has been brought through.

The workflow would look like:
image.png 

If this solves your issue please mark the answer as correct, if not let me know! I've attached my workflow for you to download if needed.

Regards,

Jonathan

Labels