Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

If Else Mapping File

CharlesCapuno07
6 - Meteoroid

I am provided a mapping file in excel format that contains a list of "if else conditions" and  can be updated every time the workflow runs. Below is a sample:

IFAND IFTHENELSE
Field 1 = AAAField 2 = Test 1Field 4Field  5
Field 1 = BBBField 5 = BlankField  4-
Field 1 = CCCField 3 = 111Field  4Field  5
Field 1 = DDD-Field  5Field  4

This is expected to be dynamic where output is identified from "THEN" and "ELSE" depending on the "IF" and "AND IF" columns. Like an "IF ELSE" but is file dependent.

Here's is a sample data you can use as a reference

5 REPLIES 5
vsoni
Alteryx
Alteryx
atcodedog05
22 - Nova
22 - Nova

Hi @CharlesCapuno07 

If the formula is defined properly in excel below is how you can do it.

atcodedog05_0-1635156123820.png

Hope this helps : )

CharlesCapuno07
6 - Meteoroid

Thanks for the workflow. It seems that this can fix my problem. Can I request you to send an updated one? I'm having an error when I run the workflow (Error: Dynamic Replace (8): Parse Error at char(3): Unknown variable "Field"). I'm still not acquainted to dynamic replace so I'm not sure how to fix it.

CharlesCapuno07
6 - Meteoroid

@atcodedog05 wrote:

Hi @CharlesCapuno07 

If the formula is defined properly in excel below is how you can do it.

atcodedog05_0-1635156123820.png

Hope this helps : )

Thanks for the workflow. It seems that this can fix my problem. Can I request you to send an updated one? I'm having an error when I run the workflow (Error: Dynamic Replace (8): Parse Error at char(3): Unknown variable "Field"). I'm still not acquainted to dynamic replace so I'm not sure how to fix it.

atcodedog05
22 - Nova
22 - Nova

Hi @CharlesCapuno07 

The issue is a formula issue please make all formulas created and coming out of formula tool are valid and don't have error.

Labels