Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

If Condition Formula Help

MarcusHankinsOptum
6 - Meteoroid

Hello,

I have an interesting formula I am trying to work on to set something up for a filter. I am trying to produce a report where my input pulls in data from multiple previous months and i am only wanting to have an output including previous month. This is going to be an automated continuous report produced every month so i cant just filter for a designated number or date range. So this is what i was trying to set up.

IF [Field1] = (DateTimeFormat(DateTimeAdd(DateTimeNow(),-1,"Month"),"%m")) THEN "True" ELSE "False" ENDIF

Field one being the Month that the data comes from and then doing a date time Add and Format statement that ends up equaling the month Previous month to set up a True or False that i can then just filter for True. 

The error im getting is ( The field "" is not contained in the record)

4 REPLIES 4
AbhilashR
15 - Aurora
15 - Aurora

Hi @MarcusHankinsOptum, could you provide us some sample data (or a dummy set) for us to get a feel for what your data looks like?  

MarcusHankinsOptum
6 - Meteoroid

I was assisting with an issue a team mate was having and I created essentially a text output of what the problem issue was to see if I can get a new field added.

I attached a snapshot of what my workflow looks like. Essentially there is a month and a year Column. When the actual input from a data source happens it pulls in month of Data, and Year of data and displays as follows

month of Data( June = 06, July = 7)

So im trying to essentially create a DateTimeAdd + a DateTimeFormat formula into an If statement so that essentially 7=7 then True else false but because this is going to be a report run every month I cant just say 7=7 because when it becomes August it still only filter or find the 7=7 when I need it to look for 8=8. if that makes any sense.

AbhilashR
15 - Aurora
15 - Aurora

You are missing a column name which might be the issue in your case.

AbhilashR_0-1596736694005.png

FláviaB
Alteryx Community Team
Alteryx Community Team

Hi @MarcusHankinsOptum.

I moving your post to the Designer Discussions Board for more visibility. 😉 

Flávia Brancato
Labels