Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

If And Statement with Diffrent Parameters and Error

CSIMO
5 - Atom

Can someone take a look at this and tell me what I may have missed, my apologies I am new to Alteryx.

IF [OPTION]="Option 1" and [Amount of Sales]<="499.99" and [DATE OPEN]<="2016-08-31"  Then "9.95"
ELSE "NOTHING"
ENDIF

Error I am receiving says "The formula "billing" resulted in a string but the field is numeric. Use ToNumber(…) if this is correct.

Option column is Text

Date open is converted to Alteryx date

Amount of sales is "Double"

4 REPLIES 4
fmvizcaino
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Hi @CSIMO ,

You have three problems in your statement there:

IF [OPTION]="Option 1" and [Amount of Sales]<="499.99" and [DATE OPEN]<="2016-08-31"  Then "9.95"
ELSE "NOTHING"
ENDIF

Since [Amount of Sales] is a number, you can use 499.99 only, without quotes.

For dates, you can't compare using < or >, in that case, you need to use the DatetimeDiff function, as below:

DatetimeDiff("2016-08-31",[DATE OPEN],'days')>0 

The formula is doing "2016-08-31"- [DATE OPEN] , so if this value is higher than 0, the clause is doing the same as you are.

best,

Fernando Vizcaino

CSIMO
5 - Atom

Thank you Fernando for the reply, I am still seeing the same error. Have I made the corrections correctly Below?

IF [OPTION]="Option 1" and [Amount of Sales]<= 499.99 and DateTimeDiff("2016-08-31",[DATE OPEN],'days')>0 Then 9.95
ELSE "NOTHING"
ENDIF

fmvizcaino
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

One more detail then. Maybe you formatted the Data Type of the column [billing] as numeric

Best,

Fernando V.

CSIMO
5 - Atom

I think I am home thank you Fernando, I had to also change the 'Data Type' to String

Capture.GIF

Labels