Get Inspire insights from former attendees in our AMA discussion thread on Inspire Buzz. ACEs and other community members are on call all week to answer!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Identifying the Rank of Bids

sevans
7 - Meteor

Hi, 

I hoping that someone will help me with this challenge. I've reviewed similar queries in the community, but haven't found anything that could resolve my issue. In the attached file, the orange part of the table has been produced in Alteryx with the blue columns created in excel. Whilst I could do what I want in Excel, I'd prefer to keep everything in my AYX workflow. The data is just dummy data, but the size of the actual table extends to over 300,000 rows so, again ideally looking to do what I can do in excel in AYX. 

Thanks in advance for you assistance. 

Best regards, Stuart

2 REPLIES 2
Ben_H
11 - Bolide

Hi @sevans,

This should do the trick for you -

Ben_H_0-1619616307908.png

I've added a record ID, then seperated off the Total Cost columns and transposed them. You can then just sort them and assign a tile number to them.

I used the tile number to join on the different sets of headers you have from a text input. Then 3 seperate cross-tabs back into the right orientation - one for each section (values, titles, abbreviation) and join back to the main stream on the record ID.

Ben_H_1-1619616385076.png

Hope that makes sense,

Regards,

Ben

sevans
7 - Meteor

@Ben_H Thank you very much! This all makes sense and will really help with my analysis! Thanks once again!

Labels