Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Identifying and selecting the most recent record

rob_lawson
7 - Meteor

I've created a Workflow where I'm dynamically pulling data from an Oracle DB via SQL and joining with a Flat File. I'm now to the point where I have multiple records for each row and need to identify the most recent record only. I've used the Multi_Row Formula tool to create a Record ID and want to keep only the latest record ID for each person. And I'm stuck :)

Here's the result of my MRF tool. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

GMI WF-SnagIt.png

3 REPLIES 3
Thableaus
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Hi @rob_lawson 

I'd recommend you to check the solution in this topic that I provided to another user.

Basically, what you need to do is sort your data until you reach the last level (which would be your date).

After that, using Sample Tool and grouping by your ID (or the fields of your interest) should give you the most recent record.

Cheers,

afv2688
16 - Nebula
16 - Nebula

Hi @rob_lawson,

I dont know if this is what you are looking for but here it goes. It seems you are using the MRF to group by some sort of parameter. I would recommend you to use this parameter on a sample tool and select last N rows with N=1

Untitled.png

cheers

rob_lawson
7 - Meteor

Thanks @Thableaus  and @afv2688 

You both suggested the same thing and...worked like a charm.

Appreciate the assist so quickly!

Labels