Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Identifying Max date in Alteryx

Bharath
8 - Asteroid

Hi,

I need to identify maximum date how to to identify max date in Alteryx ?

Thanks,

Barath

6 REPLIES 6
MarqueeCrew
20 - Arcturus
20 - Arcturus

SUMMARIZE TOOL

Max(Date)

You can take that date and APPEND FIELDS to put it on every record.  Then you could use it in a formula or filter:

IF 

[Transaction Date] == [MAX_DATE] THEN 'Hotline'

ELSE [Customer Segment]

ENDIF

That was just an example of how you might use it.

Cheers,

Mark

Alteryx ACE & Top Community Contributor

Chaos reigns within. Repent, reflect and restart. Order shall return.
Please Subscribe to my youTube channel.
Bharath
8 - Asteroid

Hi Mark,

I am able to get max date by using the Summarize tool. thank you for helping me on this.

Azhar1
5 - Atom

Hi Mark,

Is there a way to find max date by month? I have a data set with a row for almost every day in each month. I want to be able to find the max date for each month and then use that in an if statement. I have tried using "DateTimeTrim([Date],'lastofmonth')" formula but this adds the last day for each month which is not always the case in my data set.

Thanks.

jmt214
8 - Asteroid

@Azhar1 

You can add a formula tool creating fields for both year and month, and then use a summarize tool to group by those new fields and do a max of your original date field.

Formula.PNG

Summ.PNG

browse.PNG

Azhar1
5 - Atom

@jmt214 

Thanks a lot. This worked perfectly to pull out the max date for each month in my data.

Alfredo_Diniz
5 - Atom

Excellent tip!

Thanks!

Labels