Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Identifying Key Words from Short Description and Matching into A Specific Category

Amandatpk
5 - Atom

Hi, I am having trouble coming up with a usable workflow. 

I have a dataset that has short descriptions. From there, I want to Alteryx to analyse the short descriptions and be able to identify that each datapoint belongs to either Maintenance, Project or Repair. 

Amandatpk_0-1646205144320.png

I tried using Find and Replace tool to no avail because it only matches exact fields. I need something that is more dynamic. 

Let me know if you can help! 

3 REPLIES 3
AngelosPachis
16 - Nebula

Hi @Amandatpk ,

Find & Replace tool might be the answer to your question. As long as you provide a lookup table to the Find & Replace tool that contains a list of words that refer to each category.

For example Rectification - > Repair, Maintenance - > Maintenance and so on. For your second record, how will Alteryx be able to tell that it refers to Maintenance?

Thanks,

Angelos

Amandatpk
5 - Atom

Hi Angelos, 

Yes, that's also my dilemma. Maintenance could mean 'PPM and Thermography'. That's why I thought Find and Replace might not be the most ideal tool. Do you happen to know any other workarounds in Alteryx that allows something more dynamic? 

sparksun
11 - Bolide

Just build up a lookup table you can make it.

sparksun_1-1646213978487.png

sparksun_0-1646213935771.png

Labels