Get Inspire insights from former attendees in our AMA discussion thread on Inspire Buzz. ACEs and other community members are on call all week to answer!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Identify which fields did not match in a join

aka_ash
8 - Asteroid

Hi,
I am building a workflow that has a join looking at matching multiple fields from the 2 sources.

Wanted to know if there is a way I can identify which fields in the left and right outputs did not match and remain unjoined.

Is this possible to do?

Thanks in advance.

13 REPLIES 13
aka_ash
8 - Asteroid

Hi @bhrmitra ,

That output is what i am looking to achieve however I did notice that the Join formula's used in the workflow is specifically for data same as the clean test data provided.

My actual data will be varying between different length strings, dates, fixed decimals, it will also be be around 20+ columns and 100000+. The matching fields 

Is a similar workflow achievable for varying data fields?

Thanks,

Ash

bhrmitra
10 - Fireball

Hi,

I feel anything that is manually achievable in excel can be definitely automated using alteryx. 

It would be really helpful if you could share all your requirements at a time. This is really save both of our time. I hope you understand.

Thanks,

Abhra

bhrmitra
10 - Fireball

Hi,

Please have a look at the below solution. Now this is dynamic. I guess this is what you were asking

Untitled picture2.png

If this solves your issue please mark the answer as correct and also hit the like button, if not let me know! I've attached my workflow for you to download if needed.

Thanks,

Abhra Mitra

aka_ash
8 - Asteroid

Hi @bhrmitra 

This is what i was looking for, thank you very much for your assistance.

~Ash

Labels