Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Identify if every column and row contains the same data

Domo
7 - Meteor

Hello everyone,

Without going into great detail of my workflow I created a table that will contain the same amount of columns (1-24), but the row count will change. The data per column down every row should contain the same string.

Can you please help me in the best way for Alteryx to read each column and give me a true/false and return the incorrect string.   

ie. in my attached example column F3 has an incorrect string in RecordID 3.

Example 

Thanks everyone.

4 REPLIES 4
KaneG
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

Hi @Domo,

How would you determine what they had to match? Would they have to match the first row?

You can use a summarize tool to get all rows that differ. If you change your RecordID to String, then you can concatenate those... 

In the attached Module, there is 2 different options depending on whether your happy with still having human intervention. Solution 1 could be automated to report and fix, whereas Solution 2 will just give you the lines...

Image 001 - 20160812 - 180824.png

tom_montpool
12 - Quasar

I'd be tempted to use the UNIQUE tool.

Find Unique of all fields (except RecordID)

Join Unique list to Duplicate list

Whatever doesn't join is Unique (which for this purpose is bad...)

I've attached a quick sample.

tom_montpool
12 - Quasar

After my last answer I visited a KB post about the Tile tool (https://community.alteryx.com/t5/Alteryx-Knowledge-Base/Tool-Mastery-Tile/ta-p/30235) which gave me an idea for another approach.

Use the Unique Value option in the Tile tool (select all your fields that you want to be unique)

Filter out where Tile_Num isn't 1 and Tile_SequenceNum is 1 and you get a nice list of each non-unique value

I've updated my previous workflow...

Domo
7 - Meteor

Thank Tom. Much appreciated.

Labels