Get Inspire insights from former attendees in our AMA discussion thread on Inspire Buzz. ACEs and other community members are on call all week to answer!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Identify and Mark out Duplicates

jonathanyeo
6 - Meteoroid

Hi there, is there any formulas or workflow we can use to identify and mark out (but not delete) duplicates? 

Sample data set and output on excel is shown below.

Unique IDDuplicate?
226Yes
226Yes
226Yes
226Yes
226Yes
226Yes
226Yes
226Yes
226Yes
226Yes
226Yes
226Yes
226Yes
226Yes
226Yes
226Yes
226Yes
218Yes
218Yes
178Yes
178Yes
178Yes
178Yes
178Yes
177No
5 REPLIES 5
Qiu
20 - Arcturus
20 - Arcturus

@jonathanyeo 
What you ask for can be done by Summarize and Formula tools.
If this is what you need, appreciate if you could mark it as accepted

.1016-jonathanyeo.PNG

atcodedog05
22 - Nova
22 - Nova

Hi @jonathanyeo 

Here is a workflow for the task. It is pretty much same as @Qiu in addition it maintains the sort order.

Join tool randomizes your sort apparently.

Output:

atcodedog05_0-1602824732082.png

Workflow:

atcodedog05_1-1602824746816.png

Hope this helps 🙂

If this post helps you please mark it as solution. And give a like if you dont mind 😀👍

atcodedog05
22 - Nova
22 - Nova

Happy to help 🙂 @jonathanyeo 

Cheers and Happy Analyzing 😀

Suryachoppakatla
7 - Meteor

Hello,

I was searching for a solution and I found this replies which are little closed to what I expect. However, my issue is that am building an analytical app and I get different data from various clients. 

I am looking for a solution where I can use formula tool and write a condition that identifies all duplicates and should FLAG them in my output report, without disturbing the input data. This will help me to reach out the client and seek more clarification on duplicate data provided is legitimate or not

All this should be within the APP and should include in my output report

Regards,

Surya

qiaoqiao77
5 - Atom

What if the source data that I have has multiple fields, and I need to use several of them to judge if there are duplicates? 

Can you kindly advise how can I achieve the same result? (add a comment to the source data saying if it is a duplicate), thank you in advance!

Labels