Get Inspire insights from former attendees in our AMA discussion thread on Inspire Buzz. ACEs and other community members are on call all week to answer!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Identify Cancelled transaction

PraveenX
6 - Meteoroid

Hi All,

I have a Dataset (attached below) which contains various transactions. Some of these transaction subsequently get cancelled and a new transaction will take place instead of earlier one I need to identify those transaction which subsequently get cancelled. If we are doing it manually then everything of these transaction will agree, except for:

1) Proceeds Base,Amortized Cost Base,Security Gain/Loss Base,Currency Gain/Loss 988,Gain Crrcy ID,Loss Crrcy ID,Currency Gain/Loss on Interest,Total Gain Loss - these columns have opposite sign when compared to original transaction.

2) Quantity column - for few type of transaction the quantity would be same for others type of transaction Quantity has opposite sign.

3) Accounting Date - It might/might not be the same.

4) Transaction -  The word"CANCEL" will be there for the cancelled transactions.

We need to identify both the Cancelled transaction and the original transaction related to this only. 

Thanks and regards,

6 REPLIES 6
RishiK
Alteryx
Alteryx

@PraveenX I have started this off for you in the attached workflow. You will have to replace the Input file with your own.

PraveenX
6 - Meteoroid

Thanks a lot RishiK for taking this up. However, I could not open it. Unfortunately I am using 2019.3 version of Alteryx(which can't be upgraded due to restriction from my organisation), it seems you have built the solution in a upgraded version.

Tyro_abc
11 - Bolide

Hi @PraveenX 

Will you mean this?

arundhuti726_0-1608819135271.png

PraveenX
6 - Meteoroid

@Tyro_abc I want to identify the original(against which cancelled transaction takes place) as well as cancelled transaction.

RishiK
Alteryx
Alteryx

@PraveenX could you simply join the data with itself and then do some reconciliation:

RishiK_0-1608823625130.png

Tyro_abc
11 - Bolide

For this, you need to join the filtered result

arundhuti726_0-1608825964624.png

Labels