Get Inspire insights from former attendees in our AMA discussion thread on Inspire Buzz. ACEs and other community members are on call all week to answer!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

IRR Calculation to more decimal places

MrFox
5 - Atom

Hello,

I am trying to calculate IRR with summarize function, but I have only to 6 decimal places:

MrFox_0-1622538714562.png

I also tried to change type from Double to Fixed decimals and set it to 10 decimal places, but only 0 shows me in the rest of the digits:

MrFox_1-1622538766613.png

Is there some other way how I can calculate IRR on more then 6 decimal places? 

Thanks

5 REPLIES 5
messi007
15 - Aurora
15 - Aurora

@MrFox,

Please see below

messi007_0-1622539289865.png

Attached the workflow,

Hope this helps,

Regards

MrFox
5 - Atom

Hello, 

please after this modification, I still can see only 6 decimal places and rest of them are zero digits only:

MrFox_0-1622539554575.png

danilang
19 - Altair
19 - Altair

Hi @MrFox 

From a quick search of the community, I'd have to say that the answer is no.  The generic algorithm to calculate IRR is iterative and stops when the NPV of the stream is = 0.  For some income streams the NPV will only equal 0 after 1000s of iterations.  I suspect that the algorithm that is used in the Alteryx Engine stops when the NPV = 0 or the 1st six decimals of the IRR don't change from one iteration to the next.  

btw, you're not the first person to ask this.  They didn't get a satisfactory answer either.

Dan

wonka1234
10 - Fireball

any update to this? Also finding rounding to 6 decimal places only.

IraWatt
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Hey @wonka1234

Another way to calculate IRR is using the Gallery IRR tool. The IRR Tool has a higher precision than the Summarize tool Gallery: Financial IRR Tool - Alteryx Community

Animation8.gif

Labels