Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

INDb tools refresh every time a tool is input

TDGuy
7 - Meteor

For example, when I bring in a new tool, the field lists will go through a refresh cycle.  This happens every time I bring in a new tool, or connect a tool.

Previously, I would have to run the workflow for available fields to be visible in a summarize tool.  Now it does it automatically, which is creating a huge delay when trying to build workflows because I have to wait for it to refresh after every interaction on the canvas.

Any suggestions would be appreciated. 

4 REPLIES 4
joshuaburkhow
ACE Emeritus
ACE Emeritus

What version is this? I would almost say the best to do here is to let support@alteryx.com know about this issue. I haven't seen/heard of this happening before. 

Joshua Burkhow - Alteryx Ace | Global Alteryx Architect @PwC | Blogger @ AlterTricks
TDGuy
7 - Meteor

Thanks,  this was confirmed in 2019.1 and 2018.3.

TDGuy
7 - Meteor

Alright - Lisa was able to set me straight.

"You can disable that feature by going into Options -> User Settings -> Edit User Settings -> Advanced tab and then checking the box beside Disable Auto Configure and then saving that."

thedr9wningman
8 - Asteroid

I had this same issue. I'm trying it out with that change. I can confirm that this saves me an extraordinary amount of time. 

Labels