Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

INDEX/MATCH FORMULA? URGENT HELP

Davidmcho
7 - Meteor

Hello I'm trying to recreate the formula below in Alteryx.

IF(INDEX('Client'!$A:$I,MATCH($AI3&$AL3,'Client'!$A:$A&'Client'!$B:$B,0),2)<>"","Yes","No")

Someone suggested I use a transpose tool but I'm not really familiar with the tool.... What confuses me most about this formula is the multiple lookup values in the MATCH portion and the multiple lookup arrays......... Please help. 

4 REPLIES 4
MarqueeCrew
20 - Arcturus
20 - Arcturus

WebEx Link

@Davidmcho,

That someone is here to help.  Please join my meeting and I'll solve this with you. 

Thanks,

Mark

Alteryx ACE & Top Community Contributor

Chaos reigns within. Repent, reflect and restart. Order shall return.
Please Subscribe to my youTube channel.
MarqueeCrew
20 - Arcturus
20 - Arcturus

reminder to join webex:

https://meetings.webex.com/collabs/meetings/join?uuid=MA4X7QJ4Z1A9S6RODRLB1M0Z2Y-UCSL&epwd=78980a1b0...

MarqueeCrew
20 - Arcturus
20 - Arcturus

@Davidmcho,

What we did was Select the key (recordID) and the 2 fields that you wanted to match on from [input1] and selected the UNIQUE value combinations of the 2 fields from [input2] and joined the data on those 2 fields as keys.

Data that comes out of the L file was given a new variable with a value of "No" and data from the J output was given a value of "Yes" for the same variable name.  We took the L and J data into a Union and then selected the RecordID and the Index result as the only output fields.  We then joined this data back to the original [Input1] data stream (removing duplicate fieldname of recordid). 

Done.

Cheers,

Mark

Davidmcho
7 - Meteor

Again, thank you so much!!!

Labels