Get Inspire insights from former attendees in our AMA discussion thread on Inspire Buzz. ACEs and other community members are on call all week to answer!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

INDEX ISSUES

cjain
7 - Meteor

Hello,

I am trying to prepare index . 

used the table tool for my data.

issue : after every line ends , I want it to end with full stops till the page number column appears.

I tried to put fullstop using cell padding option but that is also not working because of the space that is taken by each letter. what i mean is Capital A will take more space then letter b which causes the formula to fail because it is not able to put the required full stops. IN the image i have to manually put fullstops 

cjain_0-1626765967591.png

2 REPLIES 2
JoaoLeiteV
10 - Fireball

Hello @cjain,

I think you got the logic right, but you're using the wrong font. Some Fonts have different spacings when trying to write and render into documents.

I created an example using "Courier New", which is a font with equal spaces in all characters, check if this would work out for you and let me know if you have any questions. 

cjain
7 - Meteor

@JoaoLeiteV 

I really don't know how to thank you my friend. I almost spent days for fixing this & it became a really big/stupid problem with the most easiest solution you have provided.

Thanks a Lot 🙂

Labels