Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

IN Database Redshift Connection issue

VJ_dup_337
7 - Meteor

Hi All,

I am getting below error while trying to connect to redshift using IN Database tool.

Error: Connect In-DB (27): Error SQLDriverConnect: [Amazon][Amazon Redshift] (10) Error occurred while trying to connect: [SQLState 08S01] could not connect to server: Connection timed out (0x0000274C/10060) 

Is the server running on host "xx-xx-xxxx.xxxxxxxx.xx-xxx-x.redshift.amazonaws.com" (xx.xx.xx.xx) and accepting        TCP/IP connections on port 5439?

I have updated the redshift driver (AmazonRedshiftODBC64-1.3.1.1000) but no help. whereas on SquirrelSQL, I am able to connect smoothly.

PS. Facing this issue post update.   

7 REPLIES 7
SophiaF
Alteryx
Alteryx

Hi @VJ_dup_337 - this error is coming straight from Redshift; this post covers some of the reasons why you may be experiencing it and some possible solutions

Sophia Fraticelli
Senior Solutions Architect
Alteryx, Inc.
VJ_dup_337
7 - Meteor

Can we get any help from Alteryx to solve this issue?

SophiaF
Alteryx
Alteryx

You can email in to support@alteryx.com and we will be happy to assist

Sophia Fraticelli
Senior Solutions Architect
Alteryx, Inc.
rakesh89
5 - Atom

Did we get solution for the this issue ,we are facing same issue in alteryx server version 2021.4.2 patch 6 , workflows that are trying to fetch data from redshift DB failing with connection timeout error. we are using amazon redshift driver 1.4.65.1000

apathetichell
18 - Pollux

Use the Simba Amazon Redshift Driver downloaded from the Alteryx licenses & downloads driver section. 

Rakesh1989
5 - Atom

Tried Simba Amazon Redshift 1.4.62.1001 64-bit same issue any other feasible sollutions 

apathetichell
18 - Pollux

Can you try limiting your query (like top 10)? Everything I'm seeing online seems to say that it relates to resource allocation on the server or network failure (maybe your VPN is dropping because of the size of the data)? so can you check if a quick query with a top 10 limit works? and are you using input data or in-db? 

If you are using input data and it's a large data source - you should be using In-DB.

Labels