Get Inspire insights from former attendees in our AMA discussion thread on Inspire Buzz. ACEs and other community members are on call all week to answer!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

IF Formula Using Number Threshold From Separate Calculation

Sthompson086
6 - Meteoroid

I am trying to recreate a workflow similar to the Excel formula =IF(SUMIFS(Parcels_4.22!AB:AB,Parcels_4.22!H:H,"yes")>(E6*0.15),SUMIFS(Parcels_4.22!AB:AB,Parcels_4.22!H:H,"yes")>(E6*0.15),0). I am having trouble introducing the threshold figure of 15% into the workflow. I am using a Filter tool to recreate the SUMIF aspect of the formula; however, I am calculating the 15% threshold separately. Therefore, I am having a hard time figuring out how to introduce the 15% threshold to the total produced from the filtered data for comparison. If the total produced from the filtered data is greater than the 15% threshold, then I will need to include the total produced from the filtered data within my Borrowing Base Report. 

Thank you for your help!!!

2 REPLIES 2
Luke_C
17 - Castor

Hi @Sthompson086 

Do you have any sample data? Generally when trying to compare against a threshold or subtotal that is calculated separately I will use an 'append fields' tool to get that number back into the main data set as a value that repeats for every row. It sounds like that might be what you need.

Sthompson086
6 - Meteoroid

@Luke_C that worked. I was able to bring in the information using your method. I am running the workflow with some test data right now, and I will check back shortly. 

Labels