Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

IF ELSE STATEMENTS

AmritJ
5 - Atom

Hi Community,

I am a fairly new user of Alteryx and would greatly appreciate any input on the recent IF statement problem that I am having.

It's a fairly simple one-

AmritJ_0-1583433820880.png

What am I doing wrong?

Thanks,

6 REPLIES 6
JosephSerpis
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Hi @AmritJ replace "BLANK" with Null() 

alex
11 - Bolide

No need for Null() if you if you are trying to get the word BLANK in your results.  Check Div Code data prior to your formula tool.  I tested the formula and it worked fine with my dummy data.  Can you be more specific on the exact problem?

hroderick-thr
11 - Bolide

Your expected results isn't clear. 

I suggest for debugging change it to ELSE [DivCd] so you can see what is in there.

Is [DivCd] a string format coming in? If not you may need to wrap it in ToString([DivCd])

Happy solving

RPS
7 - Meteor

Or simply replace "blank" with " "

AmritJ
5 - Atom

Hi All,

Thanks for your inputs.

Turns out I had to convert the data type of my DivCd was V_WString. So I had to change it to Int32 so that it latches onto the numbers 10,20 ,etc and not any extra blank spaces within the cell!

AmritJ
5 - Atom

Thanks Alex,

The data type needed to be Int in my case and not a string as my input data may be having extra spaces within the cell that I am looking for!

Labels