Get Inspire insights from former attendees in our AMA discussion thread on Inspire Buzz. ACEs and other community members are on call all week to answer!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

IF AND Statement

grsomer
8 - Asteroid

Hi, 

I am trying to create an if statement that has multiple criteria. My syntax is as follows: if [Is Buy/Sell] = "sell" AND if [TRADE_KEYWORD.BO_ProductType] = "FEES_BBL_ACCR" then "1800" else "1300" endif . I am receiving the error "Malformed If Statement". I am sure this is an easy fix and I am missing something every simple.

1 REPLY 1
Kenda
16 - Nebula
16 - Nebula

Hi @grsomer 

The formula you have is close. I would use this expression:

if [Is Buy/Sell]="sell" && [TRADE_KEYWORD.BO_ProductType]="FEES_BBL_ACCR" then 1800 else 1300 endif

If the field you're creating is a number, leave it as-is. If you want your new field to be a string, add double quotes around the 1800 and 1300. 

Another option, if you want to use the other if statement available in Alteryx would be:

iif([Is Buy/Sell]="sell" && [TRADE_KEYWORD.BO_ProductType]="FEES_BBL_ACCR", 1800, 1300)

This does the same thing just in fewer words.

Hope this helps!

Labels