Get Inspire insights from former attendees in our AMA discussion thread on Inspire Buzz. ACEs and other community members are on call all week to answer!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

IBM Driver Data Connection

Shelton_Thompson
8 - Asteroid

Hello

I have connected to our IBMi Access ODBC Driver for JDE Edwards using the input tool and I am able to access any World Writers/Queries created in the standard library using the select table option however I want to access the actual underlying tables to access the real time directly. I am assuming I could do this via the SQL editor but when trying to enter I get the error "Error SQL Prepare: [IBM] System i Access ODBC Driver][DB2 for i5/os]PWS9801 - Function rejected by user exit program SAFENET in PCSECLIB."

Here is what I entered into the SQL Editor

Select ABAN8 from GFGO.JCFSCAP1. F0101

JCFSCAP1 is the library and F0101 is the file/table. 

I am assuming because I can access the query data without issue I have the driver settings correct and I am just entered into the SQL editor incorrectly?

4 REPLIES 4
Treyson
13 - Pulsar
13 - Pulsar

Aloha Shelton!

I don't know if you checked this or not, but in my experience with IBM products (particularly i series) I only recall seeing this error type when there is a program blocking people without certain access to certain files. Like lets say that you have a file with SSN info on there and because of your SOX regulations, only certain folks are allowed to see what is in there. 

I imagine that you are okay when looking at a logical table, but the source table is blocked?

If I am correct, you will need to go to you iSeries admin for access to the raw file, or worst case scenario, have them create a real time logical file that nulls out whatever protected values exist in that file.

I hope this helps!

Treyson Marks
Senior Analytics Engineer
SriKoka
7 - Meteor

Hello,

Could you please share how you connected to JDE Edwards using IBMi Access ODBC driver? I don't see this driver in the Alteryx Data Source list in Manage In-DB connections 😞

Shelton_Thompson
8 - Asteroid

Forgot I had this post out here!

I use the IBM i Access ODBC Driver. In alteryx I use a dsnless connection string like as follows

ODBC:Driver={Client Access ODBC Driver (32-bit)};System=[INSERT DESTINATION ADDRESS];Uid=[USERID];Pwd=__EncPwd1__

SriKoka
7 - Meteor

Thanks for your prompt response. I was able to connect to JDE using DSN (Data Source Name). I was able connect using Generic ODBC data source and the DSN I created (see attached screenshot). 

Labels