community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Alteryx designer Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer.

I would like to take the results of the correlation analysis output as a table

Meteor
How do I take the results of a correlation analysis and output it as an actual table that I can then use in the data stream?
I've just started learning R, so I'm a newbie there, but I think it might be possible.  Any asstance would be appreciated.

To add more information to the question, I would like to take the correlation matrix table output (for one item specifically) and the export acual table into...yxdb, .xlsx, etc.  so that I can then join the data back into the data set.
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)
Hi Sean!

Could you please be more specific? Which tools are you using, and do you have an example or one of the sample modules to use as a reference? 

Thank you!
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)
Hi Sean!

Could you please be more specific? Which tools are you using, and do you have an example or one of the sample modules to use as a reference? 

Thank you!
Meteor
I am using, "assoication analysis" tool and the out put provides a correlation matrix that I would then like to turn into a flat file of just raw data.
Highlighted
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

Hi Sean,

At this point, the Association Analysis macro does not have the ability to output raw data to your data stream, but this would be a really great addition to the Idea Center.  Adding a feature request to the Idea Center sends the information directly to Products for review.  In addition, it gives other Community members the ability to vote on your request.  

If you are comfortable with R programming, you could also build your own Correlation tool set using the R Tool within Alteryx.  The benefit here is that it would give you full control over your data.

Thanks!

Chad

Labels