Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

I want to write to multiple Excels at the same time and send an email.

SaoriYamguchi
8 - Asteroid
I would like to create a workflow.
In addition to the URL "How to output to the Excel template file below", I want to realize the following
・ I want to write in a remote place
・ I want to write to multiple files at the same time

I can actually use the tabular data reporting tool to capture multiple data (from companies), create multiple reports, and send them to different email addresses.
However, I consulted because I would like to use the Excel template currently used by the company.
Thank you very much.

7 REPLIES 7
mceleavey
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Hi @SaoriYamguchi ,

You can do this in a number of ways:

1. Create a filename in a formula tool, containing the unique identifier that will differentiate the output sheet. For example "<folder path>\filename"+[Department Code]+".xlsx|||Sheet1".

You then use this field in the output tool:

mceleavey_0-1621599727749.png

2. You can use the render tool to output to individual files based on a grouping field.

I hope this helps,

M.

Bulien

SaoriYamguchi
8 - Asteroid

Thank you!

・ I want to write in a remote place
・ I want to write to multiple files at the same time (please see the picture)
and
・Preferably,I don't use the render Tool.

Qiu
20 - Arcturus
20 - Arcturus

@SaoriYamguchi 
So correct me if I understand wrongly.

1. Save the output files in a remote location: This should not be an issue as long as the path is acessible.

2. Write to multiple Excels with the same template?

mceleavey
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Hi @SaoriYamguchi ,

I don't really understand. My previous post shows you how to write to multiple files simultaneously (see option 1).

The image you provided does not show it writing to multiple files, but to a single file with multiple rows.

M.

Bulien

SaoriYamguchi
8 - Asteroid
Thank you very much.
Actually, I 'd like to make multiple inputs, one workflow, multiple outputs at the same time.

Normally, it is better to make a document using the Reder tool, but I would like to export multiple locations and multiple files to the original template in Excel, if possible, at the same time.
(Since the reference community was not found, I will attach my own workflow.)

1. Save the output files in a remote location: This should not be an issue as long as the path is acessible.
→ thank you.

2. Write to multiple Excels with the same template?
→ yes.
SaoriYamguchi
8 - Asteroid

Thank you very much.
Yes, It's very complicated.
I would like to create multiple inputs, one workflow, and multiple outputs at the same time.

Qiu
20 - Arcturus
20 - Arcturus

@SaoriYamguchi 
Let me share one workflow I made before to reuse one template for multiple outputs.
This is actually note easy, and it is a macro in macro flow.
I have tried to submit as an idea of weekly challenge and get declined for Run Command Tool is not secure. 😂
Try to explore it and see if it will work for you.

Capture4A.PNG

Labels