Get Inspire insights from former attendees in our AMA discussion thread on Inspire Buzz. ACEs and other community members are on call all week to answer!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

I want to separate multiple column from one excel sheet to different tabs in the same file

debarpanban93
7 - Meteor

I want to separate multiple column from one excel sheet to different tabs in the same output.

I want to filter out the unique values and then separate them from main sheet to different tabs of the same output file that needs to be generated.

Please advise

11 REPLIES 11
Emil_Kos
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Hi,

If the issue is not having a possibility to save the data in the separate sheets you can use block until done.

https://help.alteryx.com/2018.3/BlockUntilDone.htm

If that is not the case please share a data sample and someone will help you with your problem. 

debarpanban93
7 - Meteor

So I have this below sample excel sheet. I want to separate these column B and C columns with some basic filters and separate them in to 2 different tabs.

debarpanban93_0-1597993171260.png

debarpanban93_1-1597993324421.png

Emil_Kos
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Hi,

Try using block until to save the prepared tables in the separate sheets. 

You just need to create two separate views and use the block until done tool to save them. I saw there is a very interesting article in the internet about this tool. I am sure you will nail it after some reading:

https://community.alteryx.com/t5/Alteryx-Designer-Knowledge-Base/How-to-write-to-multiple-tabs-separ...

Emil_Kos
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Hi @debarpanban93 

I have found some time to prepare a test workflow for you. Please let me know it it was helpful.

debarpanban93
7 - Meteor

Thanks..

But the problem still persists as it is not keeping the main sheet and i am not getting option to update the tab names.

debarpanban93_0-1597995923734.png

Emil_Kos
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

The main sheet will be simple but what do you have on mind saying update the sheet name. 
you want to have it dynamic with information what is in the filter?

debarpanban93
7 - Meteor

Yes , i want to name them with the column header and not the filtered option.

Emil_Kos
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Hi,

I think I have created a solution that does what you need. 

Actually I didn't even know that there is functionality like this 🙂 

Emil_Kos_0-1597996892134.png

If that was something helpful please accept it as a solution. Thank you!

debarpanban93
7 - Meteor

Unable to open the file. 

Labels