Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

I want to exclude two vendors from my workflow in the final output by using filter option

ruchir04
5 - Atom

I want to remove two vendors from my workflow so that the output file must not contain two vendors.

Can you please guide how can I use filter tool to get rid of the two suppliers?

3 REPLIES 3
GarthMiles
7 - Meteor

with a filter tool, use the following custom expression:

[col_containing_vendors] NOT IN ('ABC', 'DEF')

** replace 'col_containing_vendors' with the field/column containing the vendor names, and replace 'ABC' and 'DEF' with the 2 vendor names exactly as they appear in the data.

the data you want will be available from the 'T' output. also, you could use the basic filter option for this, too.

Screen Shot 2018-07-28 at 1.55.41 PM.png  Screen Shot 2018-07-28 at 1.52.24 PM.png  Screen Shot 2018-07-28 at 1.53.02 PM.png

BenMoss
ACE Emeritus
ACE Emeritus

What @GarthMiles has provided you with is a great solution, however I will offer an alternative!

I would consider creating a excel/csv file which contains the detail of the vendors you wish to remove. Then you can input this source onto your canvas and perform a join.

Lets say your data stream is the left input to your join tool and your list (as in the excel file I suggested you create), is the right side of the join, then the stream you should take to output would be from the left side of your join. 

The reason I would perhaps suggest doing this over using a filter tool is that it is easier to maintain and gives greater visibility over those exclusions to those who do not use Alteryx.

Ben

GarthMiles
7 - Meteor

@BenMoss 's solution would be the way to go if your goal is to deploy this process to production

Labels