Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

I want only to read excel sheets that have months in there names updated every month

AnnArborThom
7 - Meteor

I have a spreadsheet that has multiple sheets that has a new sheet every month,  I only want to read sheets that have a three letter Month string in them (Jan, Feb, Mar, Apr, May, Jun, Jul ...)

I am having troulbe formating the select statement on the Input date to feed into the dynamic input.  I want this to be dynamic since it is updated every month.  

I know how to do this with a table I update manually every month but it would be nice to be able to do this automatically,  (see image 1 below I olny want to read the ones in yellow.  

I tried playing with the SQL editor (see image 2 below) but it is not obvisous hot to format the search and there are not examples that I can find. 

Any help will be greatly appreciated (Alteryx is very cool :))

SeeCapture.JPG

Captur1.JPG

4 REPLIES 4
Federica_FF
11 - Bolide

Hi,

I think a solution could be to open the excel file choosing List of sheets name, so that you get a list of all the sheets.

Then filter only the tab names that match the regex pattern "\w\w\w\d\d\d\d\" (filter with formula Regex_Match)

And after you have the list of desired sheets, you can use a Dynamic input.

AnnArborThom
7 - Meteor

Federica,

Thanks, I will give it a try!!!

AnnArborThom
7 - Meteor

I was using an xls file and it appears not to provide the <List of Sheetnames> option. 

Thanks!!!!!!

When I stored it as an xlsx file the <List of Sheetnames> appeared.

nikitap
6 - Meteoroid

Hello @Federica_FF

I was going through the post to find solution to a similar problem I am facing. 

In my case I am bringing in a file with multiple sheets and I want to select only 3 sheets from it 

I was searching if I can something like sheet name like '%IS' or '%BS' 

Can you explain how I can use the Regex_Match function on the formula tool?

thank you!

Nikita

Labels