Get Inspire insights from former attendees in our AMA discussion thread on Inspire Buzz. ACEs and other community members are on call all week to answer!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

I want only to read excel sheets that have months in there names updated every month

AnnArborThom
7 - Meteor

I have a spreadsheet that has multiple sheets that has a new sheet every month,  I only want to read sheets that have a three letter Month string in them (Jan, Feb, Mar, Apr, May, Jun, Jul ...)

I am having troulbe formating the select statement on the Input date to feed into the dynamic input.  I want this to be dynamic since it is updated every month.  

I know how to do this with a table I update manually every month but it would be nice to be able to do this automatically,  (see image 1 below I olny want to read the ones in yellow.  

I tried playing with the SQL editor (see image 2 below) but it is not obvisous hot to format the search and there are not examples that I can find. 

Any help will be greatly appreciated (Alteryx is very cool :))

SeeCapture.JPG

Captur1.JPG

4 REPLIES 4
Federica_FF
11 - Bolide

Hi,

I think a solution could be to open the excel file choosing List of sheets name, so that you get a list of all the sheets.

Then filter only the tab names that match the regex pattern "\w\w\w\d\d\d\d\" (filter with formula Regex_Match)

And after you have the list of desired sheets, you can use a Dynamic input.

AnnArborThom
7 - Meteor

Federica,

Thanks, I will give it a try!!!

AnnArborThom
7 - Meteor

I was using an xls file and it appears not to provide the <List of Sheetnames> option. 

Thanks!!!!!!

When I stored it as an xlsx file the <List of Sheetnames> appeared.

nikitap
6 - Meteoroid

Hello @Federica_FF

I was going through the post to find solution to a similar problem I am facing. 

In my case I am bringing in a file with multiple sheets and I want to select only 3 sheets from it 

I was searching if I can something like sheet name like '%IS' or '%BS' 

Can you explain how I can use the Regex_Match function on the formula tool?

thank you!

Nikita

Labels