Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

I think I am mostly where I need to be but need just a bit more help monthly yes report

rmartori
8 - Asteroid

So I need to make a workflow that will let them merge and show how many yes answeres are given for two programs from a monthly report and the past 2 reports. 

I have a very basic beginning and I need just a bit more help.

This is where I am at:

workflow start.PNG

The monthly reports are all on the same file just different sheets. This selects the columns I want, then does a union and finally groups by name and date and gives a count.

The first problem is it gives a full count, I want a count of only the times Yes in the two columns, The columns are named MTA and EP So how many times they got yes on MTA and how many time they got yes on EP.

Second and the harder part. They want it put into a nice pretty format like the below example. So the date row would need to automatically update as well as the yes and no for each report.  I am not sure if alteryx can do this, if it cant I may go to tableau for the final part or if you know of a excel formula that would work on updating all of this.

example of finished report.PNG

1 REPLY 1
pedrodrfaria
13 - Pulsar

Hi @rmartori 

Your problem is a multi step process that can be improved.

You can actually just input all these sheets together if they have the same schema (structure), but since you already done this way and it is fine, the WF I attached will give you a decent idea of how to get the second part. See below for how to calculate what you are trying to do.

pedrodrfaria_0-1616431773472.png

To get in the specific format you want, you need to really play around with the Report tools as you have double headers.

Labels