Alteryx Designer Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer.
There's still time to register for the Q3 ACE Panel - Spatial Edition presentation tomorrow! | Need more information about the event? Check out the post here

I need 6 scatterplots, can I do this all at once, or do I have to drag 6 scatterplot tools

Highlighted
8 - Asteroid

I am still learning how to use some of the data investigation tools but is there any way for me to just get multiple scatterplots since I have 6 plots that I would like to create. I would even be fine with a combination of all the plots at once since I could just pick out the pairs that I am interested in. 

Highlighted
14 - Magnetar

Hi @mag161,

I see a couple options here, but they require the use of a Macro. I have done something similar for the Histrogram-Tool. I wanted to create Histograms for all columns instead of just one, therefore I created a nested Macro like this:

Layer 1:

grossal_1-1596605747634.png

Layer 2:

grossal_2-1596605763617.png

Result:

grossal_3-1596605801361.png

Explanation:

The first layer uses the Field Info tool to create a list of all columns and the second layer just swaps the right column in.

You could do something very similar in your scenario. The first Layer would require you to create all possible combinations (use filter to avoid duplicates) and the second will do a double column select based on the two Control Paramaters.

Let me know if this was helpful, or if you need additional help.

Best

Alex

Highlighted
8 - Asteroid

I will try this tomorrow. Thank you!

Labels