Get Inspire insights from former attendees in our AMA discussion thread on Inspire Buzz. ACEs and other community members are on call all week to answer!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

I'm trying to close an IF statement and I don't know what I'm doing wrong

shawkins566
5 - Atom

I'm trying to close an IF statement and I don't know what I'm doing wrong.

With ENDIF

With ENDIF.PNG

Without ENDIF

Without ENDIF.PNG

  

Can anyone help please?

6 REPLIES 6
DataNath
17 - Castor

Hey @shawkins566 as far as I can see, unless I’m overlooking something, the syntax looks fine here. Have you double checked whether or not your [Days before SLA] field is definitely numeric? May accidentally be a string in which case you’re trying to apply numeric operators to a string.

Luke_C
17 - Castor

Hi @shawkins566 

Check the data type of 'Days before SLA' to ensure it is a number and not a string. 

binuacs
20 - Arcturus

@shawkins566 Check your output data type and make sure it is string

mattnason1
9 - Comet

To follow the comments above.

If not a number just put ToNumber([Days before SLA]) instead of [Days before SLA] in each case of the statement.

Or you could also convert Days before SLA to a number ahead of the formula.

Emmanuel_G
13 - Pulsar

@shawkins566 ,

It doesn't work because you are comparing a number to a column that is not of type numeric.

To successfully do this, you can convert your column from string to number using the tonumber function according to the syntax ToNumber(Field) <= 28.

Alternatively, use a select tool and change the type to numeric before entering this formula tool.

shawkins566
5 - Atom

It's always something so simple! Thank you very much, I was losing my mind!

Labels