Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

I have a process where I have to add a page in between eat sheet of a pdf I have.

VPark
5 - Atom

Hello, I am new to alteryx and I would like some insight on a process I would like to automate. I have a pdf with x # of pages and a word doc with one page. I want to add one of the word doc pages for each of the pages I have on the pdf and then export it as a pdf. Can someone please help me out?

2 REPLIES 2
danilang
19 - Altair
19 - Altair

hi @VPark

I think that alteryx is not the right tool for this particular process.  Alteryx does not natively read from pdfs.  The information in the pdf needs to be convert to .txt(see this link) which loses all the pdf formatting info.  You'd get the data but lose all the formatting

Dan

kat
12 - Quasar

Hi @VPark

Unless someone corrects me here - I don't think that's possible. With Alteryx, when you read in data such as a PDF, it looses all it's formatting. Therefore when you output it, it will look completely different. Same would go for the word. I doubt that this is what you're going for, or is it?

If you still want to give reading in pdf's and word docs a shot, I can recommend this article from @ShaanM.

Good luck :)

Kat

Labels