Get Inspire insights from former attendees in our AMA discussion thread on Inspire Buzz. ACEs and other community members are on call all week to answer!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

I have 2 rows and want to divide 1st row by 2nd row and get the result in the 3rd row

iamviraj13
8 - Asteroid

I have attached the workflow and the file I used as input for reference. If you run the workflow you can see the output as below. I want to divide 1st row by 2nd row (133/155) and get the output below that in the 3rd row. It would be a great help if anyone would provide a solution for this. Thanks.

Capture.PNG

5 REPLIES 5
AbhilashR
15 - Aurora
15 - Aurora

Hi @iamviraj13, you could use a Summarize tool and union it back to the original dataset. I have attached an updated version of your workflow.

Let us know if this helps. 

Aaron_Harter
11 - Bolide

Hi @iamviraj13

You'll want to use the Transform tools to reshape the data, perform this calculation, then Cross Tab the data into it's final format:

5.PNG 

AbhilashR
15 - Aurora
15 - Aurora

Clearly I wasn't concentrating when attempting to answer, sorry! Thank you @Aaron_Harter for keeping me honest. 

iamviraj13
8 - Asteroid

Thanks Aaron

Seba
7 - Meteor

@Aaron_Harter

This workflow was very useful for me. Thanks for the contribution!

Labels