Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

I am trying to extract/download information from multiple URLs using batch macro

Manjari
8 - Asteroid

I am trying to download/extract information from multiple URLs using download tool using a batch macro.

The batch macro runs as expected for one URL, extracts information as attached. When connected to another workflow to run with a set of URLs, the output is still for the first URL, the error I receive for the rest of the URLs is "The field schema for the output "Output14" changed between iterations." . Not sure where am I going wrong.

I have attached the macro file and the next workflow where the macro is a part. Requesting for help

Note: As i could upload only one file with a specific set of file types, I have placed 2 workflows in one canvas. Requesting you to shift the batch macro to another canvas before running.

2 REPLIES 2
AmeliaG
Alteryx
Alteryx

Hi @Manjari,

The error you are receiving can be eliminated by making a change in your 'Interface Designer'. 

1. Go to 'View > Interface Designer'

2. Click on the bottom wrench icon on the left-side nav of the Interface Designer.

3. Change your 'Output' options

output_options_macro.png

Let me know how it goes!

Amelia

Manjari
8 - Asteroid

Thank you Amelia, this is lovely this works, Also I fed 50 URLs and got the output with 37 of them as expected, the rest of the URLs are working when checked manually but giving me an error: "Error transferring data: Couldn't resolve host name", Any idea how to fix this error.

Labels