Alteryx Designer Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer.
ALTER.NEXT:

Join us on Dec 2 for a half-day virtual analytics + data science event!
US & CA customers only

SAVE YOUR SPOT
It's the most wonderful time of the year - Santalytics 2020 is here! This year, Santa's workshop needs the help of the Alteryx Community to help get back on track, so head over to the Group Hub for all the info to get started!

I am trying to download data from Liveperson Data Access API, can anyone help.

Highlighted
Alteryx Certified Partner

Hey @oselle

I wont be able to help much more as I cant access the API, but I would suggest that you start with a really simple call to check you can actually connect. And then expand from there.

The documentation is really helpful, so read through that

Highlighted
6 - Meteoroid

@LordNeilLord

Thanks, I know the connections are successfully established however for some reason no data is streamed or downloaded. I am trying other ways as well, will keep you posted on my progress.

Highlighted
5 - Atom

Hi @oselle

I am facing a similar issue, were you able to find a solution to the issue.

Best regards, 
Santak.

Highlighted
6 - Meteoroid

Hi,

I opted to use .Net API calls instead. 

Highlighted
7 - Meteor

I know It's been a while, but have you been able to find a solution in Alteryx for the Live Person API? They don't have great documentation on their site, but I have a feeling my headers aren't formatted properly. 

I'm trying to pull the engagement History API.

@santak_das @oselle 

Highlighted
8 - Asteroid

Anyone have any luck api'ing the liveperson data? I wonder if the python script that was developed for Qualtrics could be leveraged? Obviously keys and domains would have to be changed, but it may follow a very similar format?

Qualtrics API script:

https://community.alteryx.com/t5/Alteryx-Designer-Discussions/Python-Tool-Downloading-Qualtrics-Surv... 

Highlighted
7 - Meteor

@BobSnyder85  I actually did get this up and running - I hope it's not too late for you!

I used this macro here: https://community.alteryx.com/t5/Alteryx-Designer-Discussions/OAuth-1-0-example-needed/m-p/36156

There is another macro embedded within this macro, and there is an additional piece of data that you will need to add in. If you right click on this macro and open it, you'll see the text entries that build out the call - I can't remember but I believe it was either a page call or a scope that is necessary for a successful call but missing from the macro.  If you look at what's included before the R code that builds out the secret with the call and compare with a sample from LivePerson you'll be able to identify the missing piece right away.

The biggest issue with the API was they were still using OAuth 1.0 when we were all trying to build it which uses a key that is sent with each call. Now it does look like they've updated to OAuth 2.0 which should make building the API so much easier. 

I do apologize as I am no longer with the company that I built this API for - or else I would share the edits and a sample of the workflow I had to make! 

I hope this message helps!

Labels